WEEHU will be having a dedicated block of time for an Unconference session for the first half of Sunday. No other events or classes will be formally scheduled during this time. We’ll meet in the (Un)conference room at the beginning of the session, then split into whatever breakout sessions feel right for us, throughout the hotel.
Last year’s session was HUGE and we’ve learned a lot about how to make it even more fun and easier to navigate. This year we are also extending the session through lunch, so that folks get more time to explore their topics!
Starting on Friday, we will have a big board on the wall on the 3rd floor, where people can begin to post their ideas, suggestions, and offerings for the Unconference. We will use that board as a launch point for the Sunday session.
What you can put on the board is pretty much limitless, but here are some general categories of things:
- requests for specific topics, e.g. “hypnosis using household objects,” “bondage 101,” “hypnotic dance”
- a gathering of like minds, e.g. “I’d love to have a discussion group with other folks from the Mind Control Forum!”
- a group activity, e.g. “let’s all be Doctor Who characters”
- encores of classes, e.g. “Can we see a reprise of x class, I missed it!”
- offer to share a skill or do a demo, e.g. “I’m really into turning people into furniture, wanna see?”
* Whoever shows up are the right people.
* Whatever happens is the only thing that could have, be prepared to be surprised!
* Wherever it is, is the right place.
* Whenever something starts is the right time.
* A topic/session/breakout is over when it’s over, not when the clock runs out.
Various sessions may form and then break out again. Go with the flow. Feel free to move on to another group, or form something new, if what’s happening where you are isn’t working for you. This is also known as “the law of mobility.”